Monday, October 15, 2012

Imperial Landing Shuttle

Well I can't really say I've been consistent in my hobbies lately, but so many fun games have been released lately that I've just been getting the hobby bug and no real focus to stay on one project long enough to completion. My latest project has been an Imperial Shuttle to use as an objective in the X-wing board game by Fantasy Flight Games.


It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of styrene sheets and rod. I tried to make it to scale but finding a comparison of an x-wing and an Imperial shuttle was hard to find. So hard that it is non-existent. But for an in game objective it will work.






It is a work in progress. I am probably going to add some more styrene to the wings to give it more of a Star Wars feel. The best part is that I went searching around the web and found a website that sells some bases made for the game. Eventually I can design some specs for it and use it in game as a stolen shuttle with the rebel forces or a troop lander that is trying to board a bigger rebel ship. I also managed to snag a used Tantive IV from Micro Machines that I plan to modify to use in the game as well. Too many hobbies not enough time to game. I guess that's life huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment